Thanks!


This will have to serve as a thank you card to all the hospital staff until I can sit down and send out proper written ones (sorry to my mom - I really haven't forgotten all the manners you taught me, but for right now I will use netiquette instead of proper notes). The nurses have been very caring and supportive. Our special thanks go out to Amelia the nurse on the night shift. She has been very supportive and so attentive to Cosima. Connie was the first person Sam spoke to when we found out the news and walked him through what was going on with such patience and caring.

All the day shift nurses are wonderful. Haley (hopefully I have spelled her name correctly) was the nurse there at admitting time and has taken excellent care of Cosima. Her bedside manner is terrific and has given Sam and Thelma a ton of support and reassurance. Lauren was also there at admitting and has been taking of her today - thanks for all she has done. Amanda is another day nurse who has been a very calming presence. Judy was the nurse on Weds and Thursday (I think as the days are starting to run together) and took great care of her.

The doctors have all taken the time to explain things to Sam and Thelma. I can only imagine trying to explain medical terminology and all the details when so much needed to be gone through to someone with very little medical knowledge. I try to look some of it up on google (what did we ever do without the internet?!?) and then run it by my mom for verification (she is a nurse as well) after getting it from Sam so hopefully we are somewhat accurate in relating it all back.

All of these caring people have made such a difference and we are thankful they chose the medical profession.

Thanks again for helping make such a hard time that much easier for the family.

No comments: